The 15th European Conference on Applied Superconductivity hosted by Russia and organized under the auspices of the European Society for Applied Superconductivity (ESAS website) was held in a virtual format on September 5-9, 2021 (EUCAS2021 website).
The abstracts of the Group of Applied Superconductivity were all selected for oral presentations: five contributed talks and one invited talk, here listed
- Deep learning applied to X‐ray tomography as a new tool to analyze the formation and propagation of cracks in RRP Nb3Sn wires, Presenting author: Tommaso BAGNI, contributed oral;
- Evaluation of approaches to introduce oxygen sources for the internal oxidation of Zr and Hf in rod type Nb3Sn wires, Presenting author: Gianmarco BOVONE, invited oral;
- A design‐of‐experiment investigation of the critical current density in C‐doped MgB2 prepared by inductive synthesis, Presenting author: Marco BONURA, contributed oral;
- Oxygen out‐diffusion processes and performance degradation in commercial REBCO based coated conductors, Presenting author: Pablo CAYADO, contributed oral;
- Unravelling the crystallization process in CSD‐grown REBa2Cu3O7‐δ films via definitive screening design approach, Presenting author: Pablo CAYADO, contributed oral;
- Degradation of Ic after mechanical unload in high performance Nb3Sn wires: the role of filament breakages and residual stress, Presenting author: Carmine SENATORE, contributed oral.
The results of the group were disseminated also in many other presentations of the institutes and laboratories around the world that collaborate with us.